Menu
Kieran1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I want to cancel my contract but I signed up for 2 years

I am wanting to move phone companies, but have been told I have to keep paying for this phone until the contract expires, is there any way of getting around that?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to cancel my contract but I signed up for 2 years

Hi Kieran1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm disappointed to hear you're thinking of leaving us.

As is the case with all mobile contracts, you can leave at any time but will have to pay the entire contract off first. So it would be your monthly amount times by the length remaining.

I suppose the main question is why do you want to leave? If there's a fault/problem we'll help you with this.

How long have you had the contract? You may still be in the 14 day cooling off period.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Kieran1
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm only leaving because there's no good data simply deals and the IPhone 6s plus isnt on virgin yet but it's everywhere else.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kieran1,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

The iPhone 6s Plus is coming to Virgin. No network has the phone yet as it's yet to be released in the UK. You can find the pre-order page for this here.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
GavinT67
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to Hijack the thread but I have a similar query if that's ok? I basically upgraded my package last week and didn't realise this would begin a new years contract. To be honest, I'd like to get rid of my phone (iphone 4, I know, caveman) and contract and swap it for a newer model and package. I'd be chuffed to stay with Virgin as well. Any way this can happen? I would really appreciate any help provided. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

GavinT67 wrote:

Sorry to Hijack the thread but I have a similar query if that's ok? I basically upgraded my package last week and didn't realise this would begin a new years contract.

You have a two-week "cooling off" period, but you need to ring 789 now to invoke it.

GavinT67
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much!
0 Kudos