Menu
fra5er
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I've got the new phone blues - help!

I finally replaced my faithful/reliable old iPhone 4 with a 5 and have had nothing but grief with the process. With lots of help I have managed to transfer my data to the 5S and replicate most of my settings. Unfortunately my voicemail/answerphone service has disappeared. When called, the phone just rings with nothing happening. When I dial 222, the service responds like everything is set up and even tells me I have messages!!! There seems to be lots of information on how to set up a completely new voicemail account on this website, but nothing on how to carry on with an existing one.

I suspect that the problem may be that I am an existing Virgin customer and switched from a sim-only service to a regular contract with this phone.

There are no options for voicemail/answerphone on the phone settings, so I assume it is a Virgin problem, rather than an Apple one - am I right?

Help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I've got the new phone blues - help!

Hi Fra5er,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've had some issues with the voicemail. We can get this all sorted for you! The issue you've described is related to the voicemail diverts. Our team can reset these for you Smiley Happy

All you'll need to do is give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll get this sorted for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I've got the new phone blues - help!

Hi Fra5er,

Did you manage to get the voicemail issue sorted?

Please feel free to ask if you need anything at all from me Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos