Menu
rosfk1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've been overcharged

In my first ever bill with Virgin Mobile, I was overcharged for texts which I didn't send. I sent 4 texts to Radio 1 but was charged for sending 14. I contacted VM and they gave me the information for the IMI Mobile, the service that manages Radio 1's texting and said I'd have to contact them direct. I did this and they looked into it for me, eventually coming back (about a month later) telling me they only had a record of 4 texts being received (they were able to show me the content of the texts which confirmed they were mine) and that it must have been VM that had overcharged me. VM denies that they would take/make charges that weren't requested and have said I have to take it up with IMI Mobile (AGAIN!!) I've emailed IMI again but haven't yet heard back. It only adds up to £1 but I now have little confidence in VM being able to charge me correctly - and I haven't texted Radio 1 since either! Anyone any suggestions about what more I can do to get my money back?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I've been overcharged

Your contract is with Virgin, so as long as you can prove "on balance of probability" that you are right, it's Virgin's place to refund you, not IMI.

It amazes me that you were expected to do the legwork in the first place. If you, the customer, think you've been overcharged, it's up to Virgin to prove you have not.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your contract is with Virgin, so as long as you can prove "on balance of probability" that you are right, it's Virgin's place to refund you, not IMI.

It amazes me that you were expected to do the legwork in the first place. If you, the customer, think you've been overcharged, it's up to Virgin to prove you have not.

rosfk1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Gorf - that's what I thought. I've not spoken in person to anyone, both contacts were made through the "chat" facility. As I am new to VM, this kind of negative customer service was alien to me. I was with Orange/EE for years and found their customer service excellent (but their prices too high!)

Any suggestions about what to do now as I've been told twice it's not Virgin Mobile's problem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rosfk1,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having some issues with the texts. So I can look into this, are you able to PM me your full name, mobile number and 3 characters of your password?

You can do this by clicking on the image of my face and selecting the send me a message option.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
rosfk1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mat H - I can't seem to find a "message me" option. Trying from an iPhone. Do I need a laptop for this to work?
0 Kudos
rosfk1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can't seem to PM you Mat H. Pressed non your face and was taken to your details but no option to message you.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Scroll down. It's a big red button saying something like "Message me"
rosfk1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tried everything and couldn't do it with iPhone. Managed on PC later on though. Thanks for all your patient advice!
0 Kudos