Menu
dagofin
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I recently purchased a used Virgin mobile

I recently bought a used Virgin mobile from a registered business seller on Ebay.. I used what was left on the PAYG credit without problem, but today I tried to register for online top-up, but was unable to do this because the number was still registered to the previous owner,  I visited the Virgin store in Stevenage who said that they could not help. They tried to register a new sim for me, but could not do this.

They sold me a top up voucher £15 and said that I could use vouchers to top up the existing sim, but on trying this, I find that 789 (and every other number for that matter) is barred from my phone. I have tried to call the 0345 6000 789 number on another phone several times, but have not managed to speak to anyone...constant waiting for agent, even late evening, and the shop staff were less than helpful. I have spoken to the Ebay seller...his father was the previous owner of this phone, and I am completely confident that this is not a lost or stolen phone. It seems that on the day this problem started, he cancelled his mobile account, and it seems that Virgin barred the phone then.

I now have £15 worth of top-up vouchers, the phone is barred, and presumably will not accept a new sim.

Can someone please help resolve this problem ?

0 Kudos
sutt359
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I recently purchased a used Virgin mobile

Sounds like you may have been hoodwinked, I would suggest contacting the seller on eBay if no joy there PayPal. As Virgin or any phone network will not unbar a phone unless you are the original owner with the paperwork.

But good luck in getting your money back.

0 Kudos
dagofin
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I recently purchased a used Virgin mobile

Thank you. I have already spoken to the seller. His father was the original owner and he says that he simply cancelled his online registration...the bar must be an automatic action. It is not ghood news that no network will lift the bar without the original owners paperwork. It will not be a problem getting the money back, and kiss goodbye to the other network phone credit I have used trying to get through to this appalling 789 support. ! Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos