Menu
Wachowt
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I'm stuck in Bulgaria without phone connection

Please help. I'm stuck in Bulgaria without phone connection for the last 4 days because I didn't realise this lame company wanted me to ask for permission to use MY phone abroad. This is an easy mistake because every other company I've been with has never required this but I can't find any help anywhere for this.
Rob

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I'm stuck in Bulgaria without phone connection

Hi Rob,

I've removed your other post. Please don't create multiple/duplicate posts as per the Forum Rules.

Roaming is on by default for PAYG customers but off for Pay Monthly customers. I suppose that this must be to prevent you from accidentally returning home to any large unexpected bill due to roaming charges if you weren't aware.

To change the settings, log into your Virgin Mobile account then click on  the "Plan and device" tab.

Go to "Manage my services" and set "Roaming" to ON & "International call barring" to OFF.

Make the change by moving the "switch" in your account.
(Click the other side of the rectangle box).

After changing the settings, allow time for your account to update then reboot your phone.

(Virgin advise that this update may take upto 24 hours or longer from abroad to come into effect).

Hopefully though it is much sooner, I recommend periodically turning the phone off/on to see if it finds and selects a network.

You may have to go into the phone's settings and "manually search for network".

Also check that roaming is enabled on your handset itself.

If you need to call Virgin Mobile and you can borrow a phone.
Their UK support line number is: +447953 967 967

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Rob,

I've removed your other post. Please don't create multiple/duplicate posts as per the Forum Rules.

Roaming is on by default for PAYG customers but off for Pay Monthly customers. I suppose that this must be to prevent you from accidentally returning home to any large unexpected bill due to roaming charges if you weren't aware.

To change the settings, log into your Virgin Mobile account then click on  the "Plan and device" tab.

Go to "Manage my services" and set "Roaming" to ON & "International call barring" to OFF.

Make the change by moving the "switch" in your account.
(Click the other side of the rectangle box).

After changing the settings, allow time for your account to update then reboot your phone.

(Virgin advise that this update may take upto 24 hours or longer from abroad to come into effect).

Hopefully though it is much sooner, I recommend periodically turning the phone off/on to see if it finds and selects a network.

You may have to go into the phone's settings and "manually search for network".

Also check that roaming is enabled on your handset itself.

If you need to call Virgin Mobile and you can borrow a phone.
Their UK support line number is: +447953 967 967

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
Wachowt
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much AlexKid

All those settings were already active but another thing I found after turning on mobile data roaming was to turn on automatic carrier tab.

Cheers
Rob

0 Kudos