Menu
Hondo64
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm in Spain, my phone is a contract and I am getting the message - no service.

l had no problems last year. Now no service. Web site is useless as it it undergoing maintenance. I checked this before l left and there was no indication that l had to do anything in particular before the journey.

0 Kudos
M3RK
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'm in Spain, my phone is a contract and I am getting the message - no service.

Mine is exactly the same. I spoke to Virgin last year & eventually got a service switched on after 4 days. I was told I wouldn't to do it again...guess what? Another load of lies from Virgin. Orange is the EE partner but I can't get a service from them because I'm not approved by Virgin...Grrr. All this for £40 a month. Rubbish
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'm in Spain, my phone is a contract and I am getting the message - no service.

Hi Hondo64,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues roaming in Spain.

Roaming does need to be activated up to 24hrs before you leave. Even activating it via the steps below it may take 24hrs to go live.

You can check roaming is active when you log into Your Account . Click on plans and devices then click the tab manage devices. Make sure roaming is set to on here.

You can also check the call barring option to stop calls abroad isn't set to on.

If roaming is active and no barring set but it still doesn't work please try the following steps below:

Turn your phone off and then back on again.

Go into your phone settings and select a network manually.

Try removing your phone’s battery, while it’s still switched on – this helps reboot it and find a local network

If you need to contact our mobile team please call +447953967967 from a working line.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi hondo64,

Hope my reply was of help to you.

Did you manage to get this sorted.

Speak soon

take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos