Menu
hongkong1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I just topped up my payg - but 2 days ago I lost reception, I am in Hong Kong - HELP!

Everything has been fine with reception but now I have NO reception at all. And I just topped up. I'm in Hong Kong. It's like I've been disconnected. HELP!!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
hongkong1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I just topped up my payg - but 2 days ago I lost reception, I am in Hong Kong - HELP!

I'm sorry but I am not impressed - I have tried phoning several times to the number given (+447953967967) but the system is always busy - I have been relying on borrowing phones and getting messages passed by various means. This is becoming expensive and extremely annoying.

If you are aware there is such an issue with roaming (the very fact you had to post a special message re roaming) why on earth do you deactivate the PAYG people when you so clearly say that roaming is automatically activated on PAYG accounts.

You know who I am from my user details, you have my number, can you please just activate my roaming without me having to phone a number that is never answered.

Do us all a favour, be a hero and sort it out.

NOT IMPRESSED AND DESPERATE in HONG KONG

Thanks

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I just topped up my payg - but 2 days ago I lost reception, I am in Hong Kong - HELP!

Hi hongkong1,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your experiencing issues roaming in Hong Kong.

Its sounds as though there maybe issues with the local network in Hong Kong as you were able to roam before topping up.

You could try the following:

• Turn your phone off and then back on again.
  • Go into your phone settings and select a network manually.
  • Try removing your phone’s battery, while it’s still switched on – this helps reboot it and find a local network

If this problem persists you could give our mobile team a call on 447953967967 from a a working line.

Hope this helps.

If you need anything else just get back to us.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
sassoferrato21
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dear Virgin Team

Please help I have experienced the similar problem, I have a pay as you go sim, it has credit.  I am in HK, there is full signal symbol but it says emergency call only, I am unable to receive text or calls.  It looks like the SIM is unable to pick up a local network.

I tried to call the number you mentioned but it seems constantly busy.  

Please advise.

Many thank.

Alice

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alice,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues roaming in Hong Kong.

Apologies you're having difficulties getting in touch.

Iv'e included a link here to an article which may assist you.

If you are still experiencing issues with roaming then you would need to call us on +447953967967.

You would need to call this number from a roaming mobile or land line phone.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
hongkong1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm sorry but I am not impressed - I have tried phoning several times to the number given (+447953967967) but the system is always busy - I have been relying on borrowing phones and getting messages passed by various means. This is becoming expensive and extremely annoying.

If you are aware there is such an issue with roaming (the very fact you had to post a special message re roaming) why on earth do you deactivate the PAYG people when you so clearly say that roaming is automatically activated on PAYG accounts.

You know who I am from my user details, you have my number, can you please just activate my roaming without me having to phone a number that is never answered.

Do us all a favour, be a hero and sort it out.

NOT IMPRESSED AND DESPERATE in HONG KONG

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi hongkong1,

Appreciate this situation is frustrating.

It maybe worth checking your account has roaming still turned on if not already done so.

Click on plan and device >Click the tab manage services.

Make sure roaming is set to on here. If it isn't move the slider to on and click update. This will present you with a green success message. It may take up to 24hrs for this to go live on your account.

You can also check the call barring option to stop calls abroad isn't set to on.

Due to DPA we are unable to make changes to your account via the forums as there is a potential to incur charges if roaming is activated, hence why this security measure is in place.

Roaming would need to be activated over the phone with our mobile team on the number provided previously +447953967967.

My apologies if this number is busy when you call however the line is active and should be working.

Many thanks.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos