Menu
chrissy0309
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have upgraded my mobile and received it with micro sim yesterday. it won't activate

I received my mobile upgrade yesterday with new micro sim. I phoned customer services to activate it as my old phone won't work and so couldn't send message through as ready. After being on the phone for over an hour with no joy of it being activated I was told I would have to wait 5 days for activation.. could someone tell me if this is normal as my last phone activated straight away..thanks for anyone who can help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have upgraded my mobile and received it with micro sim yesterday. it won't activate

Hi chrissy0309,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your new sim card won't activate.

Can you confirm if this is now working? If it's not I recommend contacting the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile handset or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
chrissy0309
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have upgraded my mobile and received it with micro sim yesterday. it won't activate

Phone sim is still not working.

I have called the team and they were unable to activate it. They said as I upgraded via the website there is a delay in deactivating my old sim and activating the new one!  They said it should be up and running tomorrow. 

They are different size sims and so are not interchangeable. Annoying because I have had no phone for a week as the old one is water damaged and no longer working!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrissy0309,

Thanks for Keeping me updated.

I hope it all works tomorrow as advised by the team.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
chrissy0309
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still not going. Someone I spoke to has put in "a ticket"..Apparently there is a computer error on my online order.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrissy0309,

Thanks for the update.

Sorry to hear its been delayed further for you.

It sounds like our mobile team have raised an IT ticket to get this put through for you. Let us know how it goes.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos