Menu
sandy1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have three mobile accounts and full media package with Virgin and need an upgrade

I have three mobile accounts and full media package with Virgin and one is due for an upgrade, I would like to upgrade all three and add an additional mobile to my account, when I rang 789 to ask the question I was advised there is no such option and they couldnt do anything for me and even when I said I would need to cancel if nothing could be done I was told ok. I find this ridiculous when another supplies offered to buy out my contracts and supply four new handsets on contracts. Is it possible to do a bulk upgrade? 

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have three mobile accounts and full media package with Virgin and need an upgrade

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm afraid it's not possible to do a bulk upgrade of the handsets. The only way this could be done without paying a buy out fee is if all the contracts are within 30 days of the expiry date.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
sandy1234
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have three mobile accounts and full media package with Virgin and need an upgrade

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I find that absolutely unbelievable as I have another company willing to pay the settlement on the contracts and supply me four new handsets on two year contracts. I currently have three phones, media, broadband and phone through Virgin and i`m now terminating everything, going to O2 for phones and Sky for TV package and not because of customer service but because of Virgins inflexibility.

Virgin would be signing me up for two more years on four handsets and have my Virgin Media contract for the same duration at least, it doesn't make business sense not being flexible on the upgrades.

Regards

Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid it's not possible to perform this on our system. I'm sorry that I couldn't help further on this.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
sandy1234
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Its a shame your system is so restrictive and has resulted in Virgin losing a customer which has been loyal for years and will probably end up with you losing more.

It a shame that your system allows you to cancel Virgin Media contracts and renew them at a more expensive cost and additional cost to the customer because it benefits Virgin but cant cancel and renew when it benefits the customer.

Lesson learned.

Regards

Mark

0 Kudos