Menu
ursa_major
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have had poor mobile signal for the last few days in Quorn Leicestershire. This has happened sever

For the third time this year I have to report poor mobile signal in Quorn Leicestershire. Strength has been mostly zero not even virgin logo to max of 2 bars for last three days. Phone is fine if I walk to the other end of village. The only way I could get a resolution was through this forum. Please help. I need my phone near me because of a heart condition.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have had poor mobile signal for the last few days in Quorn Leicestershire. This has happene...

Hi ursa_major,

Sorry to hear you're receiving a poor mobile signal.

I'd like to help you get this sorted.

I have checked and we don't currently have any faults listed for your area at the moment.

You can check your area using our coverage checker found here.

You could try some basic steps below which may help.

• Turn your phone off and then back on again.
  • Go into your phone settings and select a network manually.
  • Try removing your phone’s battery, while it’s still switched on 

If this doesn't help I would probably recommend calling our mobile team on 789 from your Virgin Mobile or alternatively call 0345 6000 789.

Let us know how it goes.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ursa_major
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have had poor mobile signal for the last few days in Quorn Leicestershire. This has happene...

Thanks Stephen, I had already gone through all the checks as I had been told to do when I had previous problems. I carried out a walking survey of the district to try to identify how extensive the problem area was, It was surprisingly small maybe half a mile each way and identical to that I had identified last time I had a problem. After a long discussion with a member of THE TEAM it turned out that despite their repeated denials, there was in fact an issue with a mast in my location that had been under repair for several days and would be completed that night which it duly was. Obviously no one had bothered to tell THE TEAM so their information was several days out of date.

All sorted for a couple of months but I do wish Virgin would not immediately assume that all their customers are idiots who phone them just for fun. I am not looking forward to the next time.

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for getting back to me. Appreciate your response here.

Apologies for asking you to do some things you've already attempted. Sometimes we may repeat ourselves trying to diagnose a fault but our intention is not to treat our customers like idiots.

We can only see area faults that have been reported to us. Unless they are reported directly by EE. It maybe the case that these symptoms fit a scenario you had previously but sometimes the same symptoms maybe the result of another cause.

I've checked again today for you and no faults are listed in your area at the moment. 

Speak soon.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ursa_major
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have had poor mobile signal for the last few days in Quorn Leicestershire. This has happened sever

Somebody must have previously reported the fault for the engineers to have been on site for "several days"  before I called in, I delayed reporting it as a fault because of the condescending way making a report (reporting a fault) is responded to. In this case, as previously, I have been correct in letting you know there was an issue. How about a "thanks mate" rather than nobody's reported it so it must be a fault with your phone. Someone has to be the first to call in.

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry you feel your input is not appreciated.

I am very greatful for your input and appreciate any information you can contribute around this issue.

All I can do is report back to you with the data I have available to me at the time which in this case was to report the outage system is not currently reporting a fault in your area.

Hope this clears things up.

Cheers

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos