Menu
rrr
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

I have been charged, having never seen or agreed a contract.

I am writing here as a last resort, as Virgin Mobile appear to deliberately make it hard for me to talk to anyone.  Around the 20th November I was contacted and talked at, from a person claiming to be from Virgin, telling me that for “Only £15 a month” I could have a new phone and contract.  As the conversation progressed I was intrigued to know more, and the price went to £16.  I asked them to send details as I wouldn’t agree to anything over the phone (I even had to ask how long contract lasted, as they failed to mention this). By the end the price had mysteriously been hiked to £18 – and I left the call and awaited an email.  That evening, no email, so I called concerned about the phone call. They told me that no contract is done on the phone, and if you don’t respond to email the contract is void in 24hrs. A few days later I received an email saying phone has been dispatched and I called up to say that I wasn’t sure what was going on and they initially said I had no contract, then about an hour later into the phone call received I had somehow been signed up to this contract! And at £18 a month.  I said no way did I accept this or want it and they told me a pick up parcel would be sent to collect the phone.  Two weeks later, no sign, so I called and asked to speak to manager – they said they would not speak now, but call me back.  Two days later and no response.  I then saw £18 come out of my account – bear in mind this is a contract I never knowingly even signed up for. I was shocked, I haven’t even seen any paperwork and the website does not seem to grand access. So I have effectively been charged for something I don’t even know what it entails. I called back to be hung up on by an operator, called again to no avail and eventually gave up.  

Overall I want to know if what they are doing is lawful as I have never seen any contract details and yet they have signed me up, without letting me know any information.  This has caused a huge amount of stress for me, hours of phone calls and fully boxed handset I want to give back.

I have been charged, having never seen or agreed a contract.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have been charged, having never seen or agreed a contract.

Hi rrr,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear a phone has been ordered without your knowledge or consent.

I appreciate your concerns regarding this and I would really like to help but we're not able to deal with these kinds of queries via the forum for security reasons. It has to be dealt with over the phone although I do acknowledge this hasn't got you far.

You may have better luck following these other contact methods:-

You could try speaking to someone via our online chat service here.

Our Consumer Complaint Resolution Code of Practice is here should you need it.

Hope this helps. I'd be very keen to hear the outcome so feel free to keep me updated.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos