Menu
Essexlad
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have a sim only contract

Hi there I applied for a contract phone with virgin mobile but was declined due to credit score . they offered me a sim only contract which I received yesterday.  Will this help get a contract phone with virgin in a few months time. I have virgin home phone , broadband and TiVo box which I've had since December last year 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I have a sim only contract

They will tell you yes, but evidence on here suggests no.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Essexlad,

there have been quite a few posts on this forum from people who have been mis sold SIM only contracts on the promise of a phone contract:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Sim-only-upgrade-to-mobile/m-p/3006280/highlight/t...

I hope that they didn't tell you this?

The phone contracts are a loan agreement and an external credit check would decide if you could pass for a loan or not.

Whilst a few monthly payments may "boost" your score, how much of an impact do you suppose they will have.
(Especially when people with already good credit scores are struggling to meet Virgin's criteria).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They will tell you yes, but evidence on here suggests no.

Essexlad
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Oh OK . so its not true what they say then 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Essexlad,

there have been quite a few posts on this forum from people who have been mis sold SIM only contracts on the promise of a phone contract:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Sim-only-upgrade-to-mobile/m-p/3006280/highlight/t...

I hope that they didn't tell you this?

The phone contracts are a loan agreement and an external credit check would decide if you could pass for a loan or not.

Whilst a few monthly payments may "boost" your score, how much of an impact do you suppose they will have.
(Especially when people with already good credit scores are struggling to meet Virgin's criteria).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.