Menu
chloedorrington
Just joined
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have a micro SIM but needs to be nano for new phone. Can virgin mobile send me a free replacement?

My previous phone was an IPhone 4s and I have just bought an IPhone 5. The SIM for the 4s was micro but I need a nano for the 5. Can Virgin Mobile send me a free replacement with the same number? Or do I have to pay?

0 Kudos
tkdfan
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have a micro SIM but needs to be nano for new phone. Can virgin mobile send me a free replacement?

chloedorrington wrote:

My previous phone was an IPhone 4s and I have just bought an IPhone 5. The SIM for the 4s was micro but I need a nano for the 5. Can Virgin Mobile send me a free replacement with the same number? Or do I have to pay?

Should be free but you're better off calling during the day as you get UK staff. Apparently the overseas call centre staff are keen to charge you £5 per SIM...

0 Kudos
leah_no1auntie
Up to speed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have a micro SIM but needs to be nano for new phone. Can virgin mobile send me a free replacement?

is your a micro sim not one you can pop out so it makes a nano sim ?

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unless its a multi sim you cannot make it into a smaller Nano sim by simply pressing it out the larger sim card like a full size sim (credit card size 1G sim) to newer micro sim, you would need to cut it to size yourself but its risky.

VM will send you a new nano sim for free and you can keep your old number.

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

BTW, the above I posted is true for normal to micro but I doubt it nano size after I seen what size it should be.

How do I know this now?, well VM sent me the wrong size sim for my new phone that just arrived.

I asked for the nano but they sent a micro

0 Kudos
leah_no1auntie
Up to speed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There sims are micro but you can make them in to nano by popping them out
0 Kudos
ericos
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As above, it comes as a micro but the nano size can be popped out
 photo speedtest.png
0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes thanks, I found that out after looking very closely as a very faint join in the white site of the sim as it was impossible to see from the red side.

0 Kudos