Menu
Anthea1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have a data roaming pass and am in Italy. Roaming is switched off. Why is there an R by the signal icon

I bought a data pass before coming to Italy where I am now. There is an R next to the signal icon. I have data roaming off as I just want to use the hotel wi-fi at the moment. Can you explain the R?
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have a data roaming pass and am in Italy. Roaming is switched off. Why is there an R by the signal

The R will still be showing as your still roaming for calls and text's, if you want to temporarily stop that as well - you can stick your phone in "airplane mode" and then turn WiFi back on.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Anthea1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have a data roaming pass and am in Italy. Roaming is switched off. Why is there an R by the signal

Many thanks. If I don't do that will I incur extra charges at all?
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Only will be charged for making calls (4p @minute) and texts at 1p each.
Free to receive calls and texts :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Anthea1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's a relief! Thank you so much
0 Kudos