Menu
l4indamcg
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have a Virgin standard sim, purchased a Virgin micro sim from Argos, can my number be put on it ?

Hi 

I have a virgin monthly sim only plan (8.00 per month) with a standard sim, I recently was given a second hand iPhone 4s which needs a micro sim.

I have purchased a virgin mobile micro sim from Argos. What I need to know is .....

1, can I call up Virgin and give them the details of sim bought from Argos and ask them to put my number on it?

Or

2, do I have to purchase micro sim direct from Virgin and how much would this cost?

cheers Linda

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I have a Virgin standard sim, purchased a Virgin micro sim from Argos, can my number be put o...

Hi Linda,

Welcome to the forumSmiley Happy and thanks for posting your query with us.

I do believe the Argos SIM you purchased is a Pay as You go SIM. As far as I'm aware we wouldn't be able to activate this SIM with your current details.

You can call our mobile team on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 where I'm sure we can get a new micro SIM ordered for your iPhone.

Hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I have a Virgin standard sim, purchased a Virgin micro sim from Argos, can my number be put o...

Hi Linda,

Welcome to the forumSmiley Happy and thanks for posting your query with us.

I do believe the Argos SIM you purchased is a Pay as You go SIM. As far as I'm aware we wouldn't be able to activate this SIM with your current details.

You can call our mobile team on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 where I'm sure we can get a new micro SIM ordered for your iPhone.

Hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
l4indamcg
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have a Virgin standard sim, purchased a Virgin micro sim from Argos, can my number be put on it ?

Thanks for your reply, I called and a new sim is on its way 😃
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi l4indamcg,

Thanks for keeping in touch, really appreciate it.

Happy to hear you've got a new SIM on the way.

Stay in touch and if you need anything just get back to me.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos