Menu
Snootyooty
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I have a SIM card on my husbands account an he has one on mine. Can we swop over!

When we returned from living in the USA. Myself and our sons all had new phones and Sims on an account in my husbands name.

when he returned from the USA a year later he could not get another phone on his account so he got a SIM only in my name. We are getting divorced and we need the SIMs in our own names can we keep the same numbers and can it be done?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I have a SIM card on my husbands account an he has one on mine. Can we swop over!

Hi Snootyooty,

this should be possible (I've transferred a number previously registered to me, out of my name & into my daughters).

You'll need to give Virgin mobile customer services a call on 789 from a Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. You'll have to give your account password, explain the situation and I'm sure they'll be able to help.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I have a SIM card on my husbands account an he has one on mine. Can we swop over!

Alexkid is correct,

you can complete a transfer of responsibility from one person to another. it does need to be the account holder requests this and not yourself. Once he authorises this then Virgin can look at changing this in to your name

I must point out that you have to be out of contract and cannot be within the minimum term. If you are then you would be liable for the remainder of the contact or buyout charge
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Snootyooty,

this should be possible (I've transferred a number previously registered to me, out of my name & into my daughters).

You'll need to give Virgin mobile customer services a call on 789 from a Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. You'll have to give your account password, explain the situation and I'm sure they'll be able to help.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Alexkid is correct,

you can complete a transfer of responsibility from one person to another. it does need to be the account holder requests this and not yourself. Once he authorises this then Virgin can look at changing this in to your name

I must point out that you have to be out of contract and cannot be within the minimum term. If you are then you would be liable for the remainder of the contact or buyout charge
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos