Menu
johnnytrt
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I have a PAYG phone. I left the UK for Germany at the end of April and the phone switched to roaming

I continued to top up my big data plan before the end of each month (even though I know the data plan doesn't work outside the UK but used it to top up my credit). I was always in credit and had text messages confirming my top up whilst staying in Germany, May went by smoothly, then at the end of June a few days after topping up my credit for July my phone service suddenly became 'Emergency calls only' and network unavailable, the R indicator disappearing next to my signal bar which is still fine. This was most frustrating as I was travelling back to the UK last week and was unable to contact anyone except through wifi where available. I thought on returning to the UK my service would be restored but it didn't and now almost 2 weeks later I am without a phone service despite being in credit and paying in adavance for July. Why can't I use my phone. Why has the service stopped?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have a PAYG phone. I left the UK for Germany at the end of April and the phone switched to ...

Hi johnnytrt,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your Pay as you go service.

I would suggest trying the following if not already done so.

Turn your phone off and then back on again

Try removing your phone’s battery, while it’s still switched on – this helps reboot it and find a local network

Due to the nature of your problem if you are still experiencing issues I would recommend calling our mobile team on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 so we can take a further look at this for you.

Hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have a PAYG phone. I left the UK for Germany at the end of April and the phone switched to ...

Hi jhonnytrt,

I haven't heard back from you.

Was just wondering if this helped at all.

Let me know if you need anything.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos