Menu
Dido1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I did a factory data reset, and have lost all my numbers. Please suggest some way of getting them back.

I did a factory data reset, and have lost all my numbers. Please suggest some way of getting them back.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I did a factory data reset, and have lost all my numbers. Please suggest some way of getting them bac

How did you get them into the phone when you first got it?

0 Kudos
Dido1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I did a factory data reset, and have lost all my numbers. Please suggest some way of getting them bac

I entered them manually, and have been able to do that with most of my friends and family, but one or two I don't have anywhere else and can't remember them.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What sort of phone is it?

0 Kudos
Dido1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sony
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In the absence of any further of information, like the model, I'm going to have to assume it's an Android phone.

If you connected the handset to a Google account before the factory reset, then your contacts have been backed up by Google unless you specifically told it not to. Connecting to an account is part of the setup process and is primarily for using the Google Play Store.

Now you've done the reset, you need to connect to the same Google account and those contacts will be restored automatically.

If it doesn't work, it didn't get chance to do a backup before the reset, or you didn't connect your account, you need to have made alternative arrangements to backup your phone. If you didn't do that, then you'll need to enter your contacts manually.

0 Kudos