Menu
uk_friendly
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I cant believe it!

I travelled to France on the 8/6 after phoning to set up roaming. On arrival no service for 10 days despite 3 calls to helpline just after arrival. Gave up when it failed to work. Then 2 days ago it magically worked long enough for me to receive best wishes from the kids on Fathers day. Then 12 hours later it ceased to work again. How can this happen? Was it just some gift from Virgin oa fathers special day? In this ad and age of digital communications across interplanetary distances you would think Virgin could manage across to Calais - wouldn't you?

Can anyone please explain to me WHY NOT

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
uk_friendly
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cant believe it!

Well my phone mysteries continue. All of a sudden everything starts working. No explanation given on th forum...no worries until I want to purchase additional data pass using a text. This was explained to me before I left UK. I told the Virgin Agent it didn't work in April, but was assured it works. Whoops something went wrong... I would like to check on Brexit tonight. I doubt that will be possible now. When I get home I will definitely Virexit.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
uk_friendly
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You couldn't make it up if you tried - As soon as the boat departed Calais dock yesterday my phone stopped working - very annoying as my wife had gone to the passenger decks before me. She gets us a seat and texts me where to find her. But as we approached Dover harbour the phone start up again and received a text "Welcome to France....."

I got my PAC code first thing this morning. Vote Virexit

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi uk_friendly

I'm really sorry to hear about the intermittent issues you had while you were roaming in France recently and for the delay in getting back to your post.

It's tricky for us to diagnose the cause of the fault as you're now back in the UK - could I check if you tested multiple networks using a 'manual network selection' in your settings, to rule out a fault with the foreign network you were connected to?

Has the phone had any issues since you returned?
Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
uk_friendly
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark, thanks for looking into this. I did manually search and select S SFR several times, which at some point came up with the word 'forbidden' against it. Bouygues also reported forbidden too. There was no problem with signal reception as my wife's phone also used S SFR and that worked faultlessly the whole trip (different UK teleco). My mobile has had no issues in UK before or after the trip. Your helpline mention they were sending a refresh instruction to the sim. It which worked the following day but only worked for about 24 hrs before cutting out again with no call or data pass working.

Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi uk_friendly

Thanks for getting back in touch.

It certainly hasn't been a great experience for you.

I'd like to run some checks to make sure everything is provisioned correctly for you now to ensure you don't have issues on future trips.

I've dropped you a PM with some more information - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos