Menu
chez1947
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I cannot do automated phone calls,

I cannot do automated phone calls when asked to press 1 or 2 etc., my phone does not connect to the other end, I end up paying to use my home phone. Very inconvenient to say the least.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cannot do automated phone calls,

Hi chez1947,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear you're unable to get through on automated calls. Appreciate this is frustrating. 

Could you explain a bit more about this issue. Are you referring to number options you get when calling a company for example? If this is the case do you hear a tone noise when pressing a number on the keypad? Does this happen only with certain numbers? Has this ever worked before?

Any more information you could provide would be greatly appreciated. It might help if we knew the make and model of the handset also.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cannot do automated phone calls,

chez1947 wrote:

I cannot do automated phone calls when asked to press 1 or 2 etc., my phone does not connect to the other end, I end up paying to use my home phone. Very inconvenient to say the least.

With most organisations, if you don't press any numbers when the automated system invites you to, you (eventually) get put through to a person who can direct your call. If Virgin aren't doing this, it's a lapse in their responsibilities around "accessibility" and needs to be addressed urgently.

0 Kudos