Menu
Appalled
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I cannot believe the really awful customer service I have spent the last hour enduring.

I've been attempting to contact Virgin Mobile and Virgin Media through the Internet. I don't have access to a phone at the moment, amazing though that may seem. For the last hour, because Virgin don't have any sort of email correspondence facility (surprising that, for a 'communications' company), I've had to rely upon the ghastly call-centre chat facility they provide. Except that they don't. Not for Virgin Mobile. So although my problem was with VMobile I had to go through a VMedia facility. VMedia categorically refused to pass my problem (a promised, but unpaid, refund) to the other department. Obviously this could have been done, but rather than pass my problem up the hierarchical chain, the manager, who I did eventually get to 'chat' with, simply cut me off.
I don't know what CEO Tom Mockridge is doing with his record operating profits and over a billion pounds revenue, but it sure as hell isn't keeping this customer happy. 
Here's a personal not to you, Tom. Reinstate your customer email facility. Do it today. Now! Give your customers something other than the feeling that we exist for your shareholders and your convenience. Try putting customer satisfaction a little higher on your list of 'to-do's'. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cannot believe the really awful customer service I have spent the last hour enduring.

Hi Appalled,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'd like to now apologise for the troubles you've had getting through to us. This is something I don't like to hear and certainly doesn't answer the questions you have.

Any refunds or billing problems are usually dealt with over the phone for security reasons. Have you been able to contact the team since posting?

Please let me know latest on this.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Appalled
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cannot believe the really awful customer service I have spent the last hour enduring.

Hi Rich,

No, I haven't been able to sort out my problems with customer service for the simple reason that I'm not easily able to phone them. As I said in the email you've responded to " I don't have access to a phone at the moment".

I have no written record of the agreement we reached when I was at home; this is presumably held in my 'notes'. To which, of course, I do not have access. So it's quite possible for VIrgin Mobile to renege on this agreement because:

a) they've 'lost' my relevant notes.

b) they've changed their minds about a refund

c) they're in poor humour that day

d) etc., etc.

Were there an email facility, there would have been an electronic paper trail. But Virgin is wily enough to avoid this.

And there is no chat facility for Virgin Mobile, not that my chat experience with Virgin Media would have encouraged me to try this option, even if one did exist.

I can only guess that Virgin Media/Mobile's policy of not allowing any email correspondence with their customers, indeed only letting them send or receive anything actually written via this laborious Forum process, is a measure of the more or less total contempt in which they hold the unfortunate people who pay them hundreds of millions of pounds every year. Roll on the day some sort of decent competition arrives that will have a modicum of empathy for its clients.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Appalled,

Many thanks for keeping me updated.

I appreciate you've got no access to a phone at the moment. How long are you going to be without it? It would be the quickest and easiest way to get this problem resolved.

You can call on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
AdamLiam
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile and customer service HaHa Ha as if
0 Kudos
oldgit
Dialled in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have also endured poor customer service when trying to order a new phone.I eventually got put through to the Uk call centre and spoke to Mandy,who promptly cut me off as I asked questions of why my phone hadn't been delivered.

I now await delivery of my phone today,but I am not holding my breath.

Apparently the original delay was caused by not getting clearance from the credit check,they couldn't find my details on it.

Strange,as I have been a customer of Virgin for years and had also just been accepted for a Virgin credit card.

This info was gleaned by another call to the so called customer service department.

It's a bloody shambles and needs to be addressed immediately.

0 Kudos
RALFE
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Take a look at the 'Communication' post.

0 Kudos
oldgit
Dialled in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Seriously poor service

I thought my luck had changed when my phone eventually did arrive yesterday.

Got down to setting it up but,as luck would have it,the device doesn't recognise the sim card.

Now I have to wait until Monday for another sim and if that doesn't work then the phone is going back all contracts with Virgin Media will not be renewed at the end of their term.

I'm not supposed to get irritated due to a heart problem but by god,this situation is testing my meds to the full.Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi oldgit,

Thanks for posting.

I sincerely apologise for the troubles you've faced when trying to order a new handset from us and especially now with the SIM card being faulty. This isn't something I like to hear as you just want things to run smoothly.

Have you received the new SIM card now? Has this worked?

Please keep me updated.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Rich B what the hell is going on at Virgin Mobile? the list of complaints some of which are very concerning is growing and nothing seems to be happening, This is not the right way to run a business or maybe just maybe you lot know something about the imminent BT takeover of EE and BT will not want a rival as a MVNO leaving VM with no network either way people are still in a contract with you and as of this hour Virgin Mobile is still operational so lets get some things cleared up 

0 Kudos