Menu
AnnieTho
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can't send or receive picture messages anymore?

When I first got my iPhone 5c I was able to send and receive photos via text as you normally would, but for some reason now it either won't let me receive any photos at all or will send me a message saying "I've sent you a Virgin Photo/Video message. Go to https://virgin.mms.ee.co.uk/virgin/ Your message is valid for 7 days". Occasionally it'll provide me with a password, but most of the time when I go to the link it'll either not exist or won't accept the password. I can't send photos to anyone via text either.

I've also found that I can actually send and receive photos, but only if I'm using 3G, which I don't want to use all of the time. I'd like to reiterate that this wasn't always the case, but to also point out that this exact thing happened to an old Blackberry phone of mine years ago, but I thought it was because it was a Blackberry. I've looked at some of the message boards on Virgin and this seems to have come up, but I think that most of the instructions to help fix this are for American phones, because I don't seem to have the same settings as they suggest! Do I need to phone someone or is there a simple solution? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't send or receive picture messages anymore?

Hi Annietho,

Welcome to the Mobile forums Smiley Happy

I'm afraid to send and receive picture messages requires data enabled as multimedia messages require a data connection to upload and download.

Do you get the message come up when you have Wi-Fi enabled?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
AnnieTho
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

I can only send and receive picture messages when 3G is turned on. If I try and send a message with WiFi enabled sometimes it'll give me a message with a link, but other times it won't do anything, and I don't know why this response differs.

Thank you for your response

Annie

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Annie,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

I'm afraid picture messaging will only work via 3G. I'd suggest potentially using an internet based messaging service such as whatsapp or Viber to send images.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Annie,

How are you getting on with this?

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
AnnieTho
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

Sorry for not coming back sooner.

I'm still unsure as to how I was able to send photos via the internet connection just fine before and then POOF not anymore, but thank you for looking into it. And yes, I do use WhatsApp regularly, its just a pain when not everyone I know uses it. 

Thanks!

Annie

0 Kudos