Menu
sarahsplace
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am wanting an investigation on virgin mobile repairs breaking my phone and wants me to pay £78

I am wanting an investigation on virgin mobile repairs breaking my phone and wants me to pay £78 for them breaking it! they have had my phone for 5 days and only today they decide to phone saying that i sent in a damaged phone for repair and will be charging me £78 for them to fix it. Even tho my phone had no cosmetic faults with it, only the handset itself was faulty . 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am wanting an investigation on virgin mobile repairs breaking my phone and wants me to pay £78

Hi Sarahsplace,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've had some trouble with the repair process. I want to get this all sorted for you. So we can do this, are you able to give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789? The team can ensure that we get to the bottom of the problem.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am wanting an investigation on virgin mobile repairs breaking my phone and wants me to pay £78

Hi Sarahsplace,

Did you manage to get this sorted  with our team?

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
sarahsplace
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i ended up having to pay £40 through my mobile insurance because the repair team said that they received the phone damaged. What made me laugh was that the person on the phone to me said i should have taken photos of my phone inside and out before i posted it off for repair. Which for 1 can not take the phone apart because its an xperia m2!  When i sent my phone off there was no cosmetic damage on it , nor had it ever been dropped . I believe that the internal damage to my phone was caused by the repair team themselves. So im £40 out of pocket . The woman on the phone also said about giving me a months free billing. Time will tell though if what she said is true 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sarahsplace,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've had to pay to get this sorted. Did the team say to you where the damage was?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
sarahsplace
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi matt

there is a crack on the inside of the phone by the sd card slot.  i was told that i should have taken a photo of the area to prove it was ok.  this, of course, would be impossible as the phone is a sealed unit without access to the interior. it had never been dropped or suffered any cosmetic damage whilst in my possession.  there was only a software problem, since the last update the sounds and media settings were not working correctly and it kept freezing these problems could not be fixed.  this was why the phone was sent away

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi sarahsplace,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that this was the case. As you've already claimed on your insurance for this, I'm afraid there's nothing that I can do to change anything on our side regarding the fault.

Please let me know if you have any other queries relating to this.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Moral of this sad tale is;

Don't buy a phone from VM, This site has many people complaining of the same thing..phones sent for repair, 'damaged' upon receipt by repairer...

Best thing to do, buy a phone anywhere but VM, then get a 30 day rolling SIM contract...Far less hassle, AND you won't be ripped off either!!

0 Kudos