Menu
susanearle
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am unable to send text messages from mobile to landline, had no help from virgin

I am unable to send text messages from my mobile phone to landline numbers, virgin have been no help at all!

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am unable to send text messages from mobile to landline, had no help from virgin

I think that not all landline area's are equipped for receiving texts, plus the ones that are can ring a number to have SMS texts blocked. Just managed to send a text from my Virgin sim to my landline OK.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am unable to send text messages from mobile to landline, had no help from virgin

Info for Virgin
When I send a text to a landline, I immediately receive a text back from +27777 saying
"You've just sent a text message to a home or work phone number. Please text us back your name, so the person who's receiving your message knows it's from you."
Sending a reply never works, it all ways fails with an "can't send - error 38".
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
susanearle
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I was able to send texts to landlines up to a few month ago and suddenly they stopped although they show on my bill and are coming off my monthly allowance.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi susanearle,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with texting landlines. Has this been sorted out for you since your post?

If you are still having a problem with this, please let me know. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
susanearle
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

no it still has not been sorted, virgin do not seem bothered at all.

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi susanearle

Thanks for your update on this.

Could you confirm if these are residential or business landlines you're trying to text to and do you know which telecoms provider the person is with? Have they recently set up any call blocking service on their account?

Do you know other people on Virgin Mobile and/or other networks who can text to these same landline numbers without the issues you're having?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
susanearle
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark, thanks for your reply. I am unable to send text messages to my own virgin landline and the other one I have tried is a localphone number, which is a company who issue you with a local phone number which allows you to call international cheaply. It's odd because I am able to ring the local phone number with no probs but text messages are never received.
Thanks
Susan
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Susan,

In order to investigate this issue further, we need more information.

Are you able to try your SIM card in a different handset to see if you are able to text landlines?

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos