Menu
FBaile
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am in France and unable to use my mobile. Please register it for use here for 3 weeks.

I forgot to register my mobile for use in France. Can this be done for me now?  I need it here until 29th September.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am in France and unable to use my mobile. Please register it for use here for 3 weeks.

It may not work but you can do it yourself and hope that the French networks recognise what has happened and allow you to use your phone.

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1003&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFl...

and turning roaming on. It may take up to 24 hours to go through.

Otherwise you may  to follow the advice here (expensive).

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Mobile/Roaming/td-p/2252903

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
whenthecatsaway
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am in France and unable to use my mobile. Please register it for use here for 3 weeks.

call +447953 967 967 to set up roaming but there's no guarantee this will activate as you're already abroad Smiley Sad 

[edit - beaten to it!]

Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi FBaile,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties using your mobile abroad.

I can see you've already had some help from HowardML and whenthecatsaway which is great and much appreciated.

I've provided a link here to a previous post with information on getting roaming working. 

If you get any issues you would need to call our mobile team on +44345 6000 789 so we can take a look at this for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Andrew1010
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Interested if you managed to get sorted, as VM data and call roaming system appears to have had major problems for a number of days. See other posts ( all of which have the same canned VM advice despite the help number bring down for days)
0 Kudos