Menu
Leif
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

I Request a New SIM

I have been with Virgin Mobile for about 10 years and i got a great contract. I am not interested increasing my monthly

Spending. So is it possible to request a new micro SIM card with the same contract details and purchase a SIM free phone of my own choice.  As my old Black Berry is falling to pieces.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I Request a New SIM

Leif wrote:

So is it possible to request a new micro SIM card with the same contract details

If you're having issues with your current micro SIM, like encountering SIM not recognized or other issues then they would replace it free.  Or at least they should.

Then there is if you're looking to change from a normal SIM to a micro SIM then that could be free or at most £5. If you get quoted the £5, you can choose to end the call and call back in - the next agent may offer the SIM change for free. If you want next working day delivery of the new SIM, request it before 4PM - there is a £2.99 cost for the next working day delivery.

and purchase a SIM free phone of my own choice.  As my old Black Berry is falling to pieces.

You can purchase a PAYG phone and discard the PAYG SIM which comes with it. Naturally make sure it is one which uses the micro SIM type. There's no SIM free options under mobile phone section that I can see. That's more a Virgin Mobile USA thing I think.

And if you're not going for a new blackberry; the fact your SIM is on a blackberry plan may create issues on a non-blackberry phone. But if there are any, that could be dealt with probably with a call in.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I Request a New SIM

Leif wrote:

So is it possible to request a new micro SIM card with the same contract details

If you're having issues with your current micro SIM, like encountering SIM not recognized or other issues then they would replace it free.  Or at least they should.

Then there is if you're looking to change from a normal SIM to a micro SIM then that could be free or at most £5. If you get quoted the £5, you can choose to end the call and call back in - the next agent may offer the SIM change for free. If you want next working day delivery of the new SIM, request it before 4PM - there is a £2.99 cost for the next working day delivery.

and purchase a SIM free phone of my own choice.  As my old Black Berry is falling to pieces.

You can purchase a PAYG phone and discard the PAYG SIM which comes with it. Naturally make sure it is one which uses the micro SIM type. There's no SIM free options under mobile phone section that I can see. That's more a Virgin Mobile USA thing I think.

And if you're not going for a new blackberry; the fact your SIM is on a blackberry plan may create issues on a non-blackberry phone. But if there are any, that could be dealt with probably with a call in.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos