Menu
parajack
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How to use your iPhone's voicemail icon with Virgin voicemail

I just tried using the voicemail icon on my iPhone to listen to my voicemail. I received the message "This number is permanently barred". I did a search of these forums and saw another member had to mess around factory resetting their phone and in the end getting a new sim card, which then worked for them. 

There is no need! Just do the following and it's sorted in seconds:

Step 1: Tap the “Phone” icon on your iPhone, then "Keyboard" to access the dialer pad.

Step 2: Enter *5005*86*222# 

Step 3: Hit the green “Call” button.

Your phone will flash back to the normal call screen. Now when you click your Phone's voicemail icon and it will take you directly to your Virgin voicemail.

I've just tested it and it works perfectly.

Virgin can feel free to credit my account for all the money I've saved them on sending out new sim cards lol Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

***EDIT*** lol just noticed an app I don't need anymore...spot the difference Smiley Wink:

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to use your iPhone's voicemail icon with Virgin voicemail

Is the fix persistent on your iPhone? IE does it survive a power off and on?

Other posters report that it isn't.

0 Kudos
parajack
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've just done a hard reset to test it and it still works as it should Smiley Wink but to be honest I never turn my phone off anyway!

For the record mine is the iPhone 5s. 

0 Kudos
Ejh
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I've just tried this and certainly solves the problem with Voicemail icon. However, people phoning me still don't get through to voicemail - line just goes dead!
Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ejh,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear people are having trouble getting through to your Voicemail. I'll be sure to help you out with this.

It sounds like you don't have Voicemail active on your account. Have you completed these steps here? If you haven't then please do to see if this resolves your issue.

You can also enable this via your online account. Please click here to log in and follow these steps:-
Online account > Plan and device > Manage services > Voicemail

I'll also send you a private message to discuss in more detail. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Ejh
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes tried all that!
Now back to saying "calls to this number are barred" when I click on icon. If someone phones my mobile it either rings out or line goes dead.

0 Kudos