Menu
tazrocks
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How to update handset on website

In my account under my device it has the new imei number but I can't change device as the website has not been updated to include the z3+!! Is this likely to cause me any problems???
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to update handset on website

Hi tazrocks

The website will not let you change the phone, if you follow the links it will just take you to the help/support pages only. Only way to get the phone updated if would like to, is to phone 789 and ask for it to be updated for you.

All ours are wrong but we are on sim only's, if your phone is on contract it might be best for you to ring 789.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
tazrocks
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi teabag

Many thanks for your advice, seems strange as obviously the phone came straight from Virgin as they updated the imei number themselves lol will call them tomorrow to sort it, bit disappointing as I had enough problems getting the handset delivered as it was
0 Kudos

All Replies
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi tazrocks

The website will not let you change the phone, if you follow the links it will just take you to the help/support pages only. Only way to get the phone updated if would like to, is to phone 789 and ask for it to be updated for you.

All ours are wrong but we are on sim only's, if your phone is on contract it might be best for you to ring 789.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
tazrocks
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi teabag

Many thanks for your advice, seems strange as obviously the phone came straight from Virgin as they updated the imei number themselves lol will call them tomorrow to sort it, bit disappointing as I had enough problems getting the handset delivered as it was
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi tazrocks,

Thanks for postingSmiley Happy

I can see teabags been offering you some great advice to help you out with this.

I was just wondering how you got on. Did you manage to get it sorted?

Let us know if you need anything else.

Many thanks.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
tazrocks
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No I haven't rung 789 yet, just seemed strange that the imei number has been updated got a new puk code but the website is showing my previous handset which of course has the old imei number!! My new handset I got through Virgin mobile so I thought it would be automatically updated
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi tazrocks,

Thanks for getting back to meSmiley Happy

The system should automatically update but there are instances when this is not the case. Our mobile team should be able to escalate this for you if it still remains incorrect.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
tazrocks
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok many thanks for that, will give them another couple of days and if it's not updated I will call them
0 Kudos