Menu
jisson
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How to recover lost iPhone data after iOS 8 upgrade?

I have annoyed that I lost my files after my iPhone was upgraded iOS 8, such as iPhone contacts, photos, videos, messages, bookmarks and so on. My boyfriend told me that may be it is because i have upgraded iPhone from iOS 7 to iOS 8 with an incorrect way. But how can i recover my lost data on iPhone after iOS 8 upgrade? Who can help me?Thanks!

More solved methods:

http://recover-iphone-android.com/recover-iphone-data-after-ios8-upgrade.html

http://iphone-ios8-recovery.blogspot.com/ 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to recover lost iPhone data after iOS 8 upgrade?

Can you not restore your lost items via iCloud backup?

Is iOS 8 officially released? If it has try connecting to iTunes to see if you can update the software again.

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
0 Kudos
khenryashley
Rising star
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

iOS 8 is not been released yet.

0 Kudos
Jimier1
Just joined
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

To recover deleted data on iPhone. There are two effective methods that you can apply to get back those valuable files, depending on what resources you have on hand (whether you have iTunes backup or a good recovery software).

Method 1: Recover deleted data on iPhone using iTunes backup
If you have backed up your phone through iTunes after saving the data on your iPhone before syncing it, then you can use iTunes to restore lost data. Here's how:

Step 1 – Choose an iTunes backup file of your device to scan, and click Scan. The process will extract the content from your iPhone backup file.

Step 2 – Once the scan is finished, the screen will display the entire backup content extracted. Find your data — in .mpeg format typically — and click "Recover" to recover data from iPhone.

Method 2: No backup? Just use a third party iPhone data recovery tool to recover deleted data on iPhone

Tips: To avoiding lost data on your iPhone,you must to back up your iPhone data to computer,so that you never lost iPhone data.

Read the detail at [Removed link]

0 Kudos
Werfkjl
Just joined
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Now the ios system has been upgrade to 8, before we do that, remember to backup your data first.
0 Kudos
JeaninePirro
Just joined
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

MeekSpaul wrote:

You can retrieve your deleted data back from your iPhone by following 3 ways.

1. Restore the loss data from iCloud if you have done some backups before.

2. Restore Everything from an iTunes Backup if you have synced to iTunes before.

3. If you do not have any backups before or methods above do not work out, you have to try to use some data recovery tools, like iPhone Data Recovery, which can recover files by directly scan.

I just want to recover my files.. But my phone is dead.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi JeaninePirro,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I feel your pain with the files as I don't tend to backup anything either.

I'm not sure if there is a way you can recover files from a broken phone as I've never had to do. You may need to Google it to see if there's a simple process you can follow at home.

Failing that, there could be somewhere you can send it where they can extract the files. Perhaps there's a local computer shop. I'm assuming the phone isn't in warranty of course.

Best of luck with that.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Fellearl
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, has anyone tried the methods?

others said the recovery software for iPhone users may help  retrieve the deleted data and there are two ways to make it. One way is to recover the data from iPhone directly. The other way is that recover data from iTunes backup, only if you have made the backup.

0 Kudos
Fellearl
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Fellearl wrote:

others said the recovery software for iPhone users may help  retrieve the deleted data and there are two ways to make it. One way is to recover iPhone data from iPhone directly. The other way is that recover data from iTunes backup, only if you have made the backup.

It is really a  nice choice for those who haven't backed up the phone.

0 Kudos
hsduunm
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Fellearl wrote:

others said the recovery software for iPhone users may help  retrieve the deleted data and there are two ways to make it. One way is to recover the data from iPhone directly. The other way is that recover data from iTunes backup, only if you have made the backup.

Yes, if you have backed up your phone, of course you can recover from that, but if you did not backup the data, the  data recovery tool can help. I recommend MobiKin Doctor for ios, I have used this to recover lost photos.

photos.jpg

0 Kudos