Menu
hsmirza
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How to pay off phone and end rolling contract of sim?

Hi all,

I moved out of the UK & won't be returning any time soon

How can I pay off the mobile phone in one go? Also, I would like to close the sim card

Currently, I am paying via direct debit monthly

Tried online chat many times but no one is ever available

Thanks a lot

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to pay off phone & end rolling contract of sim?

The only ways are, calling in on +44 7953 967 967 I'd use what's app or the like to call at pennies per minute

Web chat - difficult to get on

By letter but you would have the issue of how much is left, and it's a 30 day notice period, Virgin bring a whole new meaning to snail mail

The other issue now concerns payment options, virgin will take UK based credit and debit cards, but can't take payments on foreign cards
0 Kudos

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The only ways are, calling in on +44 7953 967 967 I'd use what's app or the like to call at pennies per minute

Web chat - difficult to get on

By letter but you would have the issue of how much is left, and it's a 30 day notice period, Virgin bring a whole new meaning to snail mail

The other issue now concerns payment options, virgin will take UK based credit and debit cards, but can't take payments on foreign cards
0 Kudos
hsmirza
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for your prompt help

My UK bank account is active & got funds in it, and the monthly charges are being paid by a direct debit

I wouldn't mind continuing to pay it as easy monthly interest free payments, but the monthly sim charges are waste of money as the sim is useless overseas

Will do it over the phone

Cheers
0 Kudos