Menu
jslope
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How to get an answer from Virgin Mobile

Really disappointed with Virgin Mobile. I spend over £250 a month with Virgin (gym x 2, full broadband, t.v., landline, calls,mobiles, ...). I take on a knew mobile phone in September and they are now billing me for 2! I've spent over an hour on the phone in the last week (today's New Years eve) and they have yet to call me back (as they promised) to sort this out. They said they had to play back recordings, ... If I don't hear from them by COB Monday 4th Jan 2016 I plan to go with Sky and not renew gym memberships - all for the sake of £16/month wrongly billed. Not sure if this is the right place to get heard but thought it worth a try - also posting on various other blogs to warn people that Virgin cannot be trusted to resolve even with the simplest of queries. - Really unimpressed!!! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get an answer from Virgin Mobile

Hi jslope,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm terribly sorry to hear you're being charged for 2 phone contracts. I completely understand your concerns with this as you should only have 1 bill for 1 phone.

I see this post is a few days old so I'd like to check what the latest is with it. Could you please answer the following questions:-

Was the new phone (in September) an upgrade?

Have you heard anything back from the team?

Have you been back in contact since posting?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
jslope
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich,

Was the new phone (in September) an upgrade?

Both mine and my wife's phones were due for an upgrade in September. My wife's phone was fine so I switched to using hers and went SIM only and then ordered an upgrade phone for my wife. Virgin continue to charge me for a phone I no longer have!! 

Have you heard anything back from the team?

They promised to call me back, they didn't! - Is it best that I cancel all the Direct Debits - will that get quicker attention?

Have you been back in contact since posting?

I think spending over an hour on the phone is long enough, I'm now spending time checking Virgin finish dates for the TV, broadband, gym memberships, mobiles, etc so I can change. A pity, my wife and daughter likes the gym but you have to draw a line somewhere. 

Regards

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your prompt response John.

I definitely wouldn't advise on cancelling your direct debits because this could potentially impact your credit rating regardless of whether you feel this is our fault or not. I don't want this to happen to you.

Why was a call back promised? From what I can gather you needed a simple downgrade to SIM only on your contract and a handset upgrade on the other. I assume this could have been done easily over the phone but I'm just guessing as I wasn't part of the call.

I appreciate it's not your responsibility to go chasing this again but it's something I would highly recommend. Perhaps call them at a more convenient time to get this resolved once and for all.

Please let me know how it all goes.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
jslope
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why was a call back promised?

The first said it had to be the contracts team that dealt with this. The second time the Contract Team needed said they needed to play back the recording of the telephone calls, and then call me back in the morning - What a shower!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jslope,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

I'm disappointed no one has got back to you in that case. I can see why it was needed to be done but that doesn't excuse the fact you should have had a call back.

I believe you've spoken to someone today to sort this. I hope everything went well on the call.

Please feel free to keep me updated.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
jslope
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich,

Yes, pleased to say it was sorted out in 2 minutes after I called. Perhaps they can track down the people I spoke with earlier about this and get training from the very polite and efficient young lady I spoke with this afternoon.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear that you got this all sorted jslope Smiley Happy

Please let me know if you need anything at all from us.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos