Menu
gumby
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How to completely disable voicemail on PAYG mobile?

I'm trying to switch off the voicemail function on my Virgin PAYG mobile but nothing on the Virgin media pages is working.
I've turned it off on the 'Manage Services' page and tried the #002# and #004# codes I've seen mentioned on Google but every time I switch the thing on again after being turned off there's a voicemail warning, often from Virgin Media themselves.

Any suggestions?

I want to completely remove the ability to receive messages when the phone is switched off, not just when I don't answer it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to completely disable voicemail on PAYG mobile?

Hi gumby,

are you referring to the text service that you get, letting you know that you've had a missed call when your voicemail is off.

You can turn this service off by texting STOP to 4567.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
gumby
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No, I'm not getting texts I'm getting voicemail messages. I get a notification every time I switch on the phone that there's a voicemail. When I dial the number it's quite often Virgin themselves about setting up said voicemail, and of course this costs me money every time I have to dial the service.

I want to turn the whole thing off so it never works again, but switching the little tab across on the 'Manage Services' page on the website doesn't work, I'm still getting them.

If I switch the phone off and on again straight away, there's a voicemail notification.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi gumby,

strangely enough, this happened to me a week ago.

I'm on Virgin Mobile PAYG Simply 8p plan. Voicemail has always been off (5+ years).

Last week someone was persistent in trying to get hold of me and voicemail must have activated because they left a message.

Like you, I had to pay to delete it. I then checked my online account > Manage my services and Voicemail was OFF Smiley Frustrated

I turned it on (clicked the other side of the rectangle box). Waited, then turned it back to off again.

After doing this, I received a text to my phone saying that my Voicemail PIN had been changed??

But for me, this seems to have worked.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
gumby
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tried turning it on and off again, no difference.

Does anyone from Virgin monitor these pages, it's a PITA trying to get through to them and the online help thing always seems busy.

I can't believe such a simple thing is proving so difficult, there's pages of stuff on Google about how to turn off Virgin voicemail but no conclusive answers from what I can see.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi gumby,

this forum is mainly a platform for customers to help and advise one another.

You would be best advised to call and speak to a member of customer services (free call 789 from your Virgin mobile).

Or if you are happy to wait a member of the Virgin forum Team may respond within the next few days. (They go through posts in date order and sometimes it can take a while).

Superuser1718.png
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi gumby

The fastest way to disable your voicemail is to give our team a call on 789 from your Virgin handset or by calling 0345 6000 789.

Alternatively, you can respond tot he private message I've sent with the requested information and I'll arrange for a member of the team to take a look as soon as possible. You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jingleman
Up to speed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

I'm also receiving Voicemails despite my account showing the function is turned-off. Can you work your 'magic' for me too, please, so that Voicemails are fully disabled?

I await your PM requesting account details.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jingleman,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your Voicemail service not deactivating when switching it off online.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos