Menu
juliak
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How much does mobile data cost abroad?

Hey,

Since I'm going to Germany soon for about 4 weeks, I would like to turn my mobile data on abroad for that period of time. I was wondering how much it would cost? (Here in the UK I already have my Pay Monthly tariff for 500mb data)

Thanks in advance,

Julia

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How much does mobile data cost abroad?

it is not cheap to use data when roaming. If you have access to wifi in germany that is the cheaper option
0 Kudos
juliak
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am going to have wifi when I'm at home but I thought it could be an option to turn on my data for when I'm out and about.

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi juliak,

Thanks for posting your query here with us.

Here is a link to our roaming help page where it explains a bit around a data pass which you can purchase from us to use data roaming abroad.

I've also included a link to our help pages here explaining the prices of calls in Germany while roaming.

You will need to make sure your roaming is active when you log into  Your Account before going abroad. Click on plans and devices then click the tab manage devices. Make sure roaming is set to on here. 

Let us know if you need anything else.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
juliak
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
SimonP
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Rather than start a new thread I hope Julia won't mind me adding to this one. Smiley Happy

I'll be going to Paris for a long weekend in September and haven't been abroad since having a mobile phone so pardon me if my questions seem naive. I have a current smart 'phone and am on PAYG 'Simply 8p'.

I don't plan on having to make many calls (is 18p/min correct?) but I would like a data connection while there to use maps and find our way around. Obviously we'll use Wi-Fi where possible but what are the options for data on the move, is a Travel Pass the best way to go and can it be topped up easily from abroad? (50MB doesn't seem much and I can't really afford the 250MB deal). Could you confirm that people in the UK can call my mobile number as usual and it'll be routed to me in France automatically? Also one of your web pages says it is free to receive calls while another says we have to pay. Which is the case?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi SimonP,

Thanks for posting. Most of your questions have been answered above by Stephen.

The first link will take to you the mobile page. Look at point number 8 titled "Getting online". It'll tell you how you can top up your EU data pass.

The third link will allow you to check roaming is enabled on your account.

You can check costs of calls, texts and reception of France here. It also says receiving a call is free.

Hope this information. Please let me know if there are any further questions.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos