Menu
etoe
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How long to register your IMEI? phone repair on replaced handset

I am hoping someone can help me as I am going round in circles with virgin mobile team in Manila and very close in raising a CEO complaint

I have an LG G4 handset which stopped working a couple of months back when I sent it for repair virgin could not fix my handset so  sent a new/reconditioned hand set of the same type.

Couple of months later the new handset stopped working which I have sent in for repair but as the new hand set is not matching my account I have been told it can take up till next year to have the issue resolved so no phone for the whole of Dec

I called customer service (2 months ago) after receiving the handset   to advise the IMEI is now different due to the fact phone could not be fixed by virgin, they took the details and advised a form has been submitted, I have been calling virgin every couple of weeks up to the point when the second handset has stopped working but IMEI was not updated.  Last person I spoke to advised I can add a note to advise why the IMEI is not matching and my phone should be repaired.

What has happed today, I am getting the phone returned back to me which is unusable I have wait for a Virgin manager to register the faulty handset IMEI number on their system so I can send this back, which they said could take up to 14 working days  yet not able to escalate several forms filled in before nor take the simple route of phoning the phone repair team and advising them the IMEI is correct due to handset was replaced under warrant by Virgin Mobile.

Please help me

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How long to register your IMEI? phone repair on replaced handset

Hi etoe, 

I am sorry to hear about all the issues you have had because of the IMEI number on the handset. With what you have described there should have been an IT ticket raised to have your equipment added to your account. 

I can do this for you if it hasn’t already been done, the IT ticket will take 3-5 working days to be resolved although sometimes it can be quicker. 

If you would like me to get this IT ticket raised for you please come back to me and let me know. 

If it’s already been done, let me know how you get on. 

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
etoe
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How long to register your IMEI? phone repair on replaced handset

Hi, can you please help sort this as i have lost all confidence in Manila customer service as

1. Managers don't call back when they say they will

2. time scale changes depends who you speak with

3. no one know what to do if no action after timeframe

0 Kudos