Menu
JohnC25
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How long does it take to fix a cell tower!

I live in SE9 in south east London. I have been without a signal since 25th June! I have phoned Virgin many times and spoken to their technical team.

First of all they said the cell tower which supplies my address was down and they (EE) were waiting for a part to fix it. After a few days I was told they had tried to gain access to the building upon which the tower was and couldn't gain entry. They had left a message for the caretaker to contact them. As the days past I have been told that someone is going there today "to see what the problem is".

I queried why someone was going to diagnose a fault today when nearly two weeks ago, they were waiting for a part to fix it! They didn't know.

I gave up with Virgin customer services and went to my local EE shop. It was full of irate EE customers asking the same questions about being without service for over 10 days. The guy there told me it would definitely be fixed today. I won't hold my breath!

I use my mobile for business purposes and it has cost me a fortune, not just in money but goodwill. I can't believe it could take so long to fix such an issue in this day and age.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How long does it take to fix a cell tower!

Hi JohnC25,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with signal in your area.

Appreciate this is a frustrating situation for you.

My sincere apologies for any delays in getting this fixed for you. It sounds like you've already had an explanation as to why such delays can occur.

How is the signal today?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
JohnC25
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen

This situation goes from bad to worse. The problem hasn't been fixed and is unlikely to be in the foreseeable future. According to EE the local council will not allow the engineers access. EE may have to take legal action to gain access and that could take forever.

I have tried find other solutions. I bought an O2 pay as you go sim card and cheap phone and asked Virgin to redirect calls to that phone. They informed me they don't do redirection to mobiles, only land lines. I asked EE if they could set my phone up to make and receive calls via their new WiFi system. They said they don't do it for customers of Virgin and that I would have to change to them as my provider.

I  could put an O2 sim in my phone but that would defeat the object as it would be a different number and all my advertising and existing clients have my current number.

My only option appears to be to cancel my Virgin contract and move to O2 taking my number with me. Only problem with that is, knowing my luck as soon as I do that, the tower will be up and running again!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying JohnC25,

I'm sorry to hear there isn't a quick solution for this issue.  I can understand how annoying that must be given how important your number is to you.

Hopefully it won't take as long as that.  Let us know how you get on.  We're here to help anytime you need us.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos