Menu
seduraed
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How do you get hold of someone in virgin who can actually help?

I have recently managed to run up a bill of £178 when a company I phoned didn't clear the line . I don't hav this kind of money and need some time to pay . The main problem is that /i want to do it over 6 months while maintaining the payments on my existing contract so that it doesn't fall int default . If that happens I will then be liable for the remainder of the 2 year contract and have no phone number . There doesn't seem to be any way around the situation . On top of that I have been lied to by the staff with offering me three months and the the supervisor offering two . What I want to do is really quite simple . Continue with the direct debits at the current level so that the original contract is paid and continues . Then pay the the excess bill : which I hasten to add was an accident , over six months. Thus on month seven the account ceases to be in arrangement and returns to normal status . Apparently this is impossible  as the script clones  cannot vary anthing. I have tried variouis situations but to no avail . I need to keep the same phone number  long term .

Doesanyone out there have any ideas who to speak to write to or email who can actually help . The customer service is shocking just shocking.  They drove me to one on my rages because of their non co-operation . I mean what is the point of a manager if they have no more powers than the the regular staff.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do you get hold of someone in virgin who can actually help?

Sounds like a right mess, what is your current price plan? whatever it is lower it a notch I think VM will do this to help out although you will loose mins and data, This is the best way around your problem that way you can pay the balance of the £178 with the saving on your current contract so if they reduce by £7 or £8 tell them you will pay £20 a month but with the saving it will only be like £13/14 to you do you see what I mean? That is a good enough proposal so long as you stick to it, Good luck 

0 Kudos
seduraed
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

THe current price plan is around £20 . I get unlimited call unlimited texts and 500 mb of data . Generally I dont go anywhere near then my average data is 100mb and around 100 texts and 200 mins

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi seduraed,

Thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear your bill is £178 this month. This is clearly a shock to you as you said it was a genuine mistake.

You'll have to wait until the balance is an overdue state before anything can be done about it. You're more than likely to see the phone suspended when this happens.

Once it's like this you'll need to speak to the collections team as they have the authority to set up payment plans. There's no guarantee this will be successful as each case is different.

I hope this information helps and you're able to get everything sorted.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
seduraed
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorted Having made my self known ot the group i got help from the complaints team who have sorted it . Huzzah!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi seduraed,

Glad to hear this was sorted for youSmiley Happy

If you need anything from us in future just get back to us.

Take care 

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos