Menu
TD7795
Just joined
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

How do I transfer contacts from Samsung SIII to iPhone6

Just purchased an iPhone6.

Does anyone know how to transfer contacts from Samsung SIII

Staff in Virgin Media shop were not able to help me.

0 Kudos
bluesaffliction
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I transfer contacts from Samsung SIII to iPhone6

Apple Retail stores have a walk in service and use a cellibrite machine that can transfer contacts from many 3rd party phones to an iPhone.

nottsdave
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

do you have an apple shop nearby, and did that work for you? If not you should be able to set up both to sync with Google contacts, which would allow you to upload from the Samsung, then download to the iPhone
0 Kudos
BowieKinsey
Just joined
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

1. Plug your iPhone to computer via USB cable. Make sure the USB driver is installed properly.
2. Open iTunes program from Startup menu or desktop shortcut. It will automatically detect the iPhone attached on the same computer.
3. Click on the name of your device on iTunes, which leads to details page of iPhone.
4. Click Info tab on the navigation menu, and mark the "Sync Contacts With" check box, and choose "Google Contacts" from the drop-down list.
5. Register your Google account if you haven't done this already. Otherwise, you can click "Configure" and select an existing Google account.
6. Click "Apply" and allow iTunes to sync contacts with your Google account .
7. Go to "Settings" > "Accounts" on your Galaxy S5 to add the account to the new device, the same account as the one used in iTunes.
8. Set Google so that it syncs contacts with your S3, and you're all set to transfer comtacts from Samsung SIII to iPhone6 

bluesaffliction
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Apple now have an app you can install on your iPhone that can transfer content from an Android phone. 

Also they have great page on their support website showing you ways to move your content.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201196

0 Kudos
HumphreyBailey
Settling in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I think there are several 3rd party tool can be helpful to transfer contacts Samsung SIII to iPhone6 so you can google one to have a try.

0 Kudos
bluesaffliction
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

HumphreyBailey wrote:

I think there are several 3rd party tool can be helpful to transfer contacts Samsung SIII to iPhone6 so you can google one to have a try.

Yes and they are included in the apple support page that I posted.

0 Kudos
winnieclinton
Joining in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The case about transfer data between two phones with different OS is in need to run a transferring tool. I think Mobile Transfer can be a helper in this case, so please launch it and then, connect phones to PC. Choose certain data and click to transfer the files to iPhone. With this way, you can transfer contacts from Samsung SII to iPhone 6.

0 Kudos
winnieclinton
Joining in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Besides, if we tend to transfer other data, some apps on phone may work for helping, such SHAREit. But I think Mobile Transfer is the suitable way to transfer contacts from Samsung to iPhone 6.
http://www.android-recovery.net/transfer-samsung-contacts-to-iphone.html
0 Kudos
Feannby
Settling in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Samsung Transfer is a professional tool that can transfer various data between different kinds of phone. You can easily transfer contacts between two android phone with its help. You can transfer android contacts to iPhone by using this tool.

0 Kudos