Menu
Cerismi0
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I reach your helpline??

Been trying to call helpline for 24 hrs and repeatedly told service is busy.

I am abroad with no connectivity although settings confirm I am connected to wifi.  Told I had exceeded my mobile web allowance even though phone was in flight mode then connected to wifi.  Told to call a number that is constantly  busy.  Service is appalling..,what do customers have to do to get in touch with you??

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Cerismi0
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I reach your helpline??

Eventually reached someone by using the "lost my phone" menu option, the only one that didnt just cut me off.  ..was told I was in a country around 1000 miles away from where I am, so that would explain the charges.  To prove my actual whereabouts and get a refund, I will have to send my airline boarding passes, by snail mail,  to Virgin head office,  No GPS, can determine where I am,  nor  emailing my flight details.  They even asked me if I was sure I wasnt on a cruise.  I am sure I am not on a cruise.  I would have noticed being on a ship with several thousand other people...

Anyway, sucked that up,  Now just had a text saying my service suspended having exceeded my limit, even though I've made no calls, data roaming is switched off and am connected to wifi.

Contact Number given on the text to call of couse just disconnects after a couple of rings. Web chat doesn't operate Sundays, so again, how do I actually speak to someone?

How did Virgin "service" get to be quite so bad?

All Replies
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Cerismi0

Sorry to hear about this. It's important that our customers can reach us from abroad - if you can let us know what country you are in, we can check the support line is working correctly.

Thanks

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cerismi0,

Welcome to the Community Forum. Thank you for letting us know that you are having a problem getting in touch with us from abroad. We would like to investigate this further, but will need to take more information from you. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Cerismi0
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Eventually reached someone by using the "lost my phone" menu option, the only one that didnt just cut me off.  ..was told I was in a country around 1000 miles away from where I am, so that would explain the charges.  To prove my actual whereabouts and get a refund, I will have to send my airline boarding passes, by snail mail,  to Virgin head office,  No GPS, can determine where I am,  nor  emailing my flight details.  They even asked me if I was sure I wasnt on a cruise.  I am sure I am not on a cruise.  I would have noticed being on a ship with several thousand other people...

Anyway, sucked that up,  Now just had a text saying my service suspended having exceeded my limit, even though I've made no calls, data roaming is switched off and am connected to wifi.

Contact Number given on the text to call of couse just disconnects after a couple of rings. Web chat doesn't operate Sundays, so again, how do I actually speak to someone?

How did Virgin "service" get to be quite so bad?