Menu
peterfoster
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How do I obtain details of MMS message

I have a Virgin mobile account.

Today I received the following text from one of my contacts-

You've been sent an MMS message! To collect it visit https://getmessage.virginmobile.co.uk/mmcpA within 14 days and type your message code. It's xxxxxxxxxx

I visit https://getmessage.virginmobile.co.uk/mmcpA and see the see the following-

Simply enter your mobile number and the password we sent you by SMS

I then see a message which tells me my login has failed.

I'm confused as to what the phrase "the password we sent you by SMS" means. Does it mean the message code mentioned above or does it mean the usual password I use when I log into my Virgin Mobile account to check my balances, and so on. I have tried both and see the "login failed" message in each case. To the best of my knowledge and belief I have not received by MMS any other password from Virgin Mobile.

I'm loath to ring up the contact to ask him for details of his message in case he thinks me incompetent for not being able to access his message.

I would be grateful for some guidance. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I obtain details of MMS message

Mine wouldn't work until I used MS Internet Explorer on a PC.

The "password" is indeed the code that has been texted to you. I can't remember if you need to use the "07" from the start of your mobile number, or "447", or "+447" but if your regular number doesn't work, try the others.

If you send yourself a picture message the for a brief time, your phone will retrieve the MMS settings and you will be able to receive MMS messages direct to your handset, but after a seemingly arbitrary time it will reset. It just seems to be a moneymaking scam by Virgin because MMS costs you money and nobody from Virgin seems able to explain why the settings stop working after a short time.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Mine wouldn't work until I used MS Internet Explorer on a PC.

The "password" is indeed the code that has been texted to you. I can't remember if you need to use the "07" from the start of your mobile number, or "447", or "+447" but if your regular number doesn't work, try the others.

If you send yourself a picture message the for a brief time, your phone will retrieve the MMS settings and you will be able to receive MMS messages direct to your handset, but after a seemingly arbitrary time it will reset. It just seems to be a moneymaking scam by Virgin because MMS costs you money and nobody from Virgin seems able to explain why the settings stop working after a short time.

0 Kudos
peterfoster
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As you suggest, I have opened up https://getmessage.virginmobile.co.uk/mmcpA in Internet Explorer on my PC, keyed in my mobile number and the password included in the text and I can now see the full message sent to me.

Many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rita-B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peterfoster,

Thank you for your post, and great help given by Gorf Smiley Happy

If you have any queries, we are always a post away Smiley Happy 

Rita B
Help & Support Forum Team

0 Kudos
Charie
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unsurprising, really. This thread is nine months old. The link has changed.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Charie,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble receiving picture messages or videos through text.

I can see you've posted here.

To avoid confusion please reply to Gorf on that one.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Johnno666
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gorf

Sorry to bother you

I noticed from this thread a few months ago you were able to assist another user obtaining their mms message via a link on internet explorer

I just wondered if you were able to work your magic again please as I haven't been able to access mine online with the link and password provided by virgin?

Any help would be most appreciated

Best wishes

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The oft-given advice by the forum team is to send a picture to your own number to automatically set up picture messaging on your handset. This will onlly make a difference for picture (MMS) messages that are sent from now onwards.

If you have been sent a text message directing you to the poor excuse for a retrieval website, you need to access it from a computer.

You need to make sure Java (I think) is up-to-date.

You should try all six combinations of your number (07xxx xxxxxx, 447xxx xxxxxx, +447xxx xxxxxx, 07xxxxxxxxx, 447xxxxxxxxx and +447xxxxxxxxx).

Where it says "ID" in the text message, that's the value you key in to "Password" on the website.

I seem to recall that when you actually see the message header on-screen, you need to tick the box to its left then click another button, but it's so long ago since I needed to do this that I can't remember the actual label on the button. If you're still struggling, by all means get in touch by PM and I'll see what I can do to help.

Oh, one other thing - I couldn't get it to work using Firefox, I had to use Internet Explorer.

0 Kudos