Menu
1pPinchersPurse
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How do I migrate my Nokia Lumia 635 backup from OneDrive onto my phone?

Hi,

I put my new 4G SIM into my phone today...and REALLY wish I hadn't now! I can't go back to my old 3G SIM, as I've already activated the new 4G one.  I thought, okay, all is not lost, I've saved everything to the OneDrive cloud.  WRONG!!!

I've finally FOUND where the back up is on OneDrive from my laptop, but it looks like I can't do anything, but delete it...it's just...there! WTH?! (I actually now have two backups, and since I can't do anything at all with them to open them/view properties, I have no idea, which one is the original (the one I really need)!

I can't even access the backup on OneDrive from my phone!

So far, all but two of my contacts have disappeared!!!  I get a message about "hidden" and "unhidden" contacts, which is neither here nor there as I've changed that setting, (and restarted the phone), upon seeing it, to no avail!

[Nokia Lumia 635 runs OS Windows 8.1 Denim, and is NOT upgradable to Windows 10.]

I was on the phone earlier with someone from Customer Service, who said she would have to research it and call me back on my landline - that was an hour ago.

Can anyone here, PLEASE help me?! I've been trying to sort this out ALL DAY! I'm about ready to chuck my phone out the window!

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I migrate my Nokia Lumia 635 backup from OneDrive onto my phone?

0 Kudos
1pPinchersPurse
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I migrate my Nokia Lumia 635 backup from OneDrive onto my phone?

Hi,

Thank you for the link.  I did try the steps and got precisely nowhere: just a blank screen [see below attached photos of my mobile screen]...I just go round in circles.

I don't know what else to try!

Photo 3.  This is the page I have to go to on my laptop to access my phone backup.Photo 3. This is the page I have to go to on my laptop to access my phone backup.Photo 2. I clicked "Not now", as there are no updates for my mobile OS Windows 8.1Photo 2. I clicked "Not now", as there are no updates for my mobile OS Windows 8.1Photo 1.Photo 1.Photo 4.  The screen stays like this until it times out, and takes me back to the screen on Photo 3.Photo 4. The screen stays like this until it times out, and takes me back to the screen on Photo 3.

0 Kudos