Menu
andiejohn
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do I increase my mobile data allowance?

I need to increase my mobile data allowance so that I can continue using high speed connection. How do I do this?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I increase my mobile data allowance?

You will have to change the package you are on. Have a look on the website as to what is available that is more suitable then phone up.

At the moment data above your allowance costs £1 per day -but that is going up to a whopping £2 so the sooner you change the better.

As an aside, if you think Virgin is high speed data, you obviously have not seen the rest!

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just take into account that it may only take you a couple of days to change your tarrif online, but the new tarrif will not start until your next refresh date - so say you have run out of data allowance and 10 days till your new tarrif starts = £2 a day for 10 days.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

andiejohn wrote:

I need to increase my mobile data allowance so that I can continue using high speed connection. How do I do this?

As far as I'm aware - it's not possible. Virgin Mobile have a 3½ GB cap on "reasonable" data usage - beyond that they slow the user down to base 3G speed for the remainder of the calendar month. If you're on a so-called unlimited plan, that's when they hit the brakes. If you've hit any allowance limit, you pay for data used above your allowance but I think you still get hit with the speed limit when you go over the threshold.

0 Kudos

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You will have to change the package you are on. Have a look on the website as to what is available that is more suitable then phone up.

At the moment data above your allowance costs £1 per day -but that is going up to a whopping £2 so the sooner you change the better.

As an aside, if you think Virgin is high speed data, you obviously have not seen the rest!

0 Kudos
andiejohn
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, enlli, I only need a couple of days to complete a task online. So two quid is not worth worrying about. But will this happen automatically when I go over my limit and keep using the service? BTW the spee is OK for me. I do not need anything faster than what I am now experiencing (I am used to my provider in Germany dumping me down to 64 kbs once I have exceed my limit!).
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just take into account that it may only take you a couple of days to change your tarrif online, but the new tarrif will not start until your next refresh date - so say you have run out of data allowance and 10 days till your new tarrif starts = £2 a day for 10 days.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

andiejohn wrote:

As far as I'm aware - it's not possible. Virgin Mobile have a 3½ GB cap on "reasonable" data usage - beyond that they slow the user down to base 3G speed for the remainder of the calendar month. If you're on a so-called unlimited plan, that's when they hit the brakes. If you've hit any allowance limit, you pay for data used above your allowance but I think you still get hit with the speed limit when you go over the threshold.

0 Kudos