Menu
Mac_MLJ
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do I exchange my Micro SIM for a Nano SIM?

My handset recently died (again) and I have been given another by a relative until I can upgrade.  The problem is I now need a Nano SIM to use the new handset.  How do I get one of these and keep my number?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I exchange my Micro SIM for a Nano SIM?

Just ring 789 and ask for a replacement. The micro SIM will be rendered useless when you activate your nano SIM.

If you can't ring from a Virgin mobile, the number is 0345 6000 789 and should be "free" even from a competitor's mobile if the owner's tariff has inclusive minutes (i.e. it'll take credit off a pay-as-you-go phone).

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just ring 789 and ask for a replacement. The micro SIM will be rendered useless when you activate your nano SIM.

If you can't ring from a Virgin mobile, the number is 0345 6000 789 and should be "free" even from a competitor's mobile if the owner's tariff has inclusive minutes (i.e. it'll take credit off a pay-as-you-go phone).

Mac_MLJ
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Great! Thanks!

0 Kudos
blakeyLS9
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

An internet search revealed a number of ways to "change" the size of your micro to nano sim but , after ringing 789 yesterday late afternoon and answering a few questions (security) it was sorted . Absolutely marvellous and efficient service from 789 sim arrived this morning less than 24 hours from the original call. Unfortunately I did not catch the advisors name but he did have an American type accent . Thankyou . 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi BlakeyLS9,

I'm really glad to hear that you got this all sorted in the end Smiley Happy

Well done to our teams who helped you out! Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos