Menu
zippy99
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do I change the device associated with my account

When I login to the website and click on the tab for Plan and Device, it shows the phone that came with my original contract. I've since moved to Sim-only. How do I change the device registered to be my current iPhone?

0 Kudos
Baggers1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I change the device associated with my account

You can't.  I've called the help line on a number of occasions and in the end they admitted they cannot change the device or the IMEI number on the on-line account.  I've written a complaint letter to them and said it is unbelievable that they cannot do this and have got nowhere.  They wrote back to say it cannot be changed.  Unfortunately Virgin are well behind the times with this and look quite amateurish.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi zippy99,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to update your handset via your online account..

At present you'll find difficulties doing this. We're aware this is a feature some customers may find useful. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

If and when this changes we'll be sure to make an announcement here.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
zippy99
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Rich_B I'm not sure what you're trying to say in your post. I think it's already clear that the handset can't be changed from the website.

And it's not something I'll be monitoring a news page just in case Virgin Mobile realise that it's just amateurish to display a broken image of a phone I had on contract once.

Virgin have a habit of putting a glossy front-end on a back-end service that seems at times to be held together with sticky tape and bits of old string. You only have to experience the snail-paced VirginMedia.com website to get a taste of that.

You'd think that what can't be done ourselves via the website could be achieved by phoning up the nice people on 789 but they don't know how to do it either. The bloke I spoke to said he needed to "fill in a form". Nothing's changed since and I'm not holding my breath.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi zippy99,

Thanks for your response.

I appreciate your concerns. My reply is aimed at the community as a whole so the next person may find this information useful.

Regarding the form, I believe this is to raise your request to the IT team to get the handset changed.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos