Menu
Chriscop
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I activate the free Office 365?

I've just taken delivery of my Windows phone and when I ordered it the website said I would get 12 months free Office 365 as part of the package. There is no paperwork with the phone telling me how to do this and no information on the phone.

I went to the Office 365 website and in a live chat was told that I need a product key.

Has anyone else come across this and if so, how did they solve it please? I don't really want to spend an hour on the phone to tech support speaking to someone who can't even understand my question let alone give me an answer that works.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I activate the free Office 365?

That would be something you would need to take up with Microsoft. It was them that included it with some windows based phones. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Chriscop
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yet Microsoft told me I have to contact Virgin. Looks like this phone will be going back.
0 Kudos
Chriscop
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It would appear that I have been a little unfair. The free Office 365 was a Microsoft promotion which was running last year and it ended 31st July 2015. Activation was via an app in the app store but that app is no longer available.

I've been right through the Virgin Mobile website looking for any reference to it and there is none, so clearly I have read about the free Office 365 on another website.

So apologies to Virgin, my mistake - and I'm going to keep the phone because I've already fallen in love with Cortana.

0 Kudos