Menu
Paul642
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

How come on my mobile it always displayed 3g now it is always E?

Now displaying E before  3G why has it changed all of a sudden.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: How come on my mobile it always displayed 3g now it is always E?

Paul642 wrote:

Now displaying E before  3G why has it changed all of a sudden.

Maybe there has been a change/removal mast wise in your area, therein leaving you with poor connection.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Paul642
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks how can I find out if that is the case.

Justinuk73
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This is very helpful! I've been complaining for a long time that I can't get 3G on my phone. Never have. Always got H or H+ with the occasional E. Seems I'm surfing 3.5g.

However, while I've never been able to play videos without constant buffering, I find I can't ever play sound - radio over the net either!!!! I got the idea that this was possible on 3G. Not on phones I've had with VM it seems :s

0 Kudos
Paul642
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just been on to Virgin about this tried resetting various stuff on my phone but to no availed, getting another sim card to try this otherwise a full phone reset maybe in order.

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

H+ is faster then 3G so not an issue, also you can see 3G+ on screen at times.

I have had signal issue like many here in past few weeks.

Some say its down to EE decommissioning masts.

What I do not get is why since then my WIFI connection on phone kills my VM DATA connection a lot of the time and if I disable WIFI I get the 3G+ or H+ next to the  signal strength meter but if I enable WIFI it removes the 3G+ or H+ text and I only see a the bare signal meter.

The above has only been happening the same time as weak signal.

Thinking of doing a phone reset but I did that enough with my porting issues when I joined recently.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Paul642 wrote:

Just been on to Virgin about this tried resetting various stuff on my phone but to no availed, getting another sim card to try this otherwise a full phone reset maybe in order.

Good call; if you're still having the same problem after all of that, you could provide the post codes of the areas you usually visit/are in to the Forum Team and they could do some checks on your behalf.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

jhuk wrote:

What I do not get is why since then my WIFI connection on phone kills my VM DATA connection a lot of the time and if I disable WIFI I get the 3G+ or H+ next to the  signal strength meter but if I enable WIFI it removes the 3G+ or H+ text and I only see a the bare signal meter.

What I do not get is why you think it would be any other way. If you enable wifi in a location where you know the password, why would you expect your mobile data connection to remain on?

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You obv did not read what I said, it worked till the recent weak signal.

You know someone might want to actually make a phone call on their mobile while home (ignoring Smartcall as it Is new and need landline which some do not have today or WIFI like my mother who has zero internet service). Smiley Indifferent

You can do some really amazing tricks like use the mobile for calls like it is primary for and still use WIFI for Data (YT/iPlayer/downloading Apps/updates instead of killing VM monthly allowance (sarcasm).

Advise you think before replying next time, thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

jhuk wrote:

You obv did not read what I said,

I read what you said, I obviously didn't understand what you wrote the way you'd intended.

One of the basic tenets of communication is that it's your fault if your reader/listener misinterprets what you've written or said because it isn't clear.

jhuk wrote:

Advise you think before replying next time, thanks.

Advise you think before writing. Or at least, read it back to yourself from someone else's perspective before clicking "post".

(Edited, to practice what I preach.)

0 Kudos