Menu
DrARC
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How can my mobile insurance be inactive?

Hi

Been onto Insurance to make a claim only to be told that old phone is listed but not current one. Called virgin and they have both listed but insurance is only active on the old one. Don't understand why this is and more worryingly why I can't get a replacement for my current phone.

Anyone else come across this issue when swapping a phone but keeping the same number.

A

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can my mobile insurance be inactive?

Virgin's "free" insurance ceased to be offered in November. With the new Freestyle contracts, you can pay for insurance at a typical rate and the cover and excess is now commensurate with what other companies offer.

If you upgraded and went from the old system to a freestyle contract, you have no case unless you have a recording of your call which states that insurance is still included in the cost of the new contract.

When did you change phones?

0 Kudos
DrARC
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

I changed contracts back in June 2014

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like it's just an admin error. For pay monthly handsets there was free insurance included.

Bear in mind the excess you will need to pay if the phone can be repaired rather than replaced. If (for example) the screen is cracked, you will be better off getting it fixed locally than sending it in - especially as your warranty has probably just expired.

0 Kudos
DrARC
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gorf

My difficulty know if finding someone to take ownership for the admin error and resolve it. Virgin weren't that helpful when I called. Any suggestions on the best approach?

A

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The best solution is to await a member of the team who will request that you send them a private message with the details. It can't be dealt with in the forum because of privacy issues. Personal messages are indicated by the red envelope at the top left of every forum page.

If I tag @Stephen_B it might get noticed a bit earlier than if the forum team come to it in due course.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi DrARC,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your experiencing issues with your mobile insurance.

I'd like to get this looked into for you. As Gorf mentioned we will need to do this privately for security reasons. Trust me its not as exciting as it soundsSmiley Happy

I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope, top left hand side) to grab some details from you.

Speak soon.

Many thanks 

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos