Menu
Davyk09
Joining in
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

How can i stop previously sent texts latching on to texts i send in the present, cheers!

How do i stop previously deleted texts sometimes months old, from getting mixed up with texts i send in the present, its extremely annoying and has caused numerous misunderstandings, any help would be much appreciated, cheers !

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can i stop previously sent texts latching on to texts i send in the present, cheers!

Hi Davyk09,

Welcome to the forumSmiley Happy and thanks for posting.

This is a curious one.

I've had a look around and the only thing I can think of is to check the time on your handset is correct. From previous experience I know this can cause a similar scenario to what you've described.

If this isn't the case could you elaborate a bit more on exactly what is happening. 

Speak soon.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Davyk09
Joining in
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can i stop previously sent texts latching on to texts i send in the present, cheers!

Thanks for your reply stephen, i tried that and switching off automatic updating time, but without success. It seems to happen more with a long text, then the end of the old txt will attach itself to some point on the new one, as i said the old txt can be months old and have been deleted, hope you can it really is a pain, thanks again for your help
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davyk09,

Thanks for your replySmiley Happy

There's not much else I could suggest at this point. This isn't a problem I'm familiar with and I've got a feeling its handset related.

I've included our handset guide here for you.

The only option I can think of you could try would be to factory reset the handset. The guide has numerous handsets with walk through's on how to perform various actions including this. If you do perform the factory reset please be aware you will lose data like pictures, contacts etc so you need to back these up first.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Davyk09
Joining in
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Cheers stephen, i had the same prob with my previous phone, a samsung galaxy ace, iv got a sony xperia now, both on the virgin network, do you know of any way of making sure txts are totally deleted, and cant find any evidence of them still being on my handset,
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davyk09,

Thanks for your reply.

That does seem strange both handsets experienced this and both from different manufacturers although both android if I'm not mistaken. 

I would probably recommend you call our mobile team so they can check everything is ok our side as this has happened on your previous phone.

The mobile team are available on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 to take a look at this for you.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Davyk09
Joining in
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for your help stephen, i have reinstalled the mms and internet settings for my handset and will let you know if this works, had a quick look on google and apparently it isnt such a rare occurance as we both thought, have a good w/e.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davyk09,

Thanks for getting back to me.

That sounds like a good option to try. Although I'm not sure how that would explain the previous handset having the same issue.

Let me know how you get on.

Have a good w/e also.

Take care
Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Davyk09
Joining in
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hello again stephen, hope you are well, thought for a while there resetting my mms and internet settings had solved my problem, but it has returned again. Was wondering if you had maybe discussed this with any of you colleagues and if they had any solution ideas i could try, it really is a most annoying problem, cheers !

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this issue has returned Davyk09,

So we can get this sorted for you, can you let me know if you performed the factory reset when it was suggested by Stephen?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos