Menu
bwalker01
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How can I use my phone abroad when it won't let me call or use text messaging

I traveled to Paris this morning and upon arriving got a text message telling me to text 23456 for more information on using my phone abroad. It would not work and I just got an error every time. Then I tried calling the 789 number and was told I would be charged. Every prompt ended with "we're sorry, we can't complete your call", then I tried the lost or stolen phone prompt and got through. Asked the guy, David, to help enable using data- but then about 2 min in the phone cut off. He then called and left a message saying to turn my phone off and on and data would work. I turned it back on and had to enter the sim pin, which didn't work so it locked my phone. I then got stuck in Paris, unable to find my office or call anyone, ended up getting there an hour late because I didn't understand the map and couldn't get anywhere. I got another message saying to text BUY plus the plan to the 23456 number, still doesn't work. Tried calling and now they can't hear me. There is no where on the site to buy a data plan and I am being charged for all of these calls. I have never had such hassle and as a new customer, only 2 weeks in I am very eager to go back to O2. How am I supposed to get any service if the numbers you tell me to call won't work and the texts you tell me to send won't work?

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I use my phone abroad when it won't let me call or use text messaging

Judging by the posts on here Virgin could not exactly be described as 'roaming friendly'.

You could try +447953967967 (4p per minute)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I use my phone abroad when it won't let me call or use text messaging

Hi bwalker01

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I hope you were able to get your data pass sorted. 

You can find some great information on Data Roaming Abroad on [This Page], there are sections at the bottom of the page for how to set it upMan Happy.

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos