Menu
tigger137
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How can I stop spam texts from Virgin?

Recently transferred existing number to new contract and now keep getting unsolicited texts from Virgin about making best use of phone etc. Never had them before, don't want them now. Asked by web chat for them to stop but they haven't. Can't bear the thought of phoning call centre. Can't see anything in online account to opt out. Is there some way I can get them stopped?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How can I stop spam texts from Virgin?

Hi tigger137,

you really would be best giving Virgin Mobile customer services a call (free) on 789 from your mobile and ask to "opt out" of marketing.

You can also try this link here: https://keepup.virginmedia.com/optout#
(It's aimed at addressed marketing but may well help).

It will take some time for your preference to filter through all Virgin's systems.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi tigger137,

you really would be best giving Virgin Mobile customer services a call (free) on 789 from your mobile and ask to "opt out" of marketing.

You can also try this link here: https://keepup.virginmedia.com/optout#
(It's aimed at addressed marketing but may well help).

It will take some time for your preference to filter through all Virgin's systems.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi tigger137

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the unwanted texts you're receiving.

As this is a new mobile account, we will send you a few texts to help you get the best out of the service. These service messages aren't classed as marketing and we can't opt you out of them I'm afraid. We do only send these when you're new to us though, so they will stop after a short time Smiley Happy

As AlexKid says, we can get you opted out of marketing contact if you'd like which is unrelated to the texts you've been receiving. Is this something you've been able to get sorted out?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos