Menu
MaltScotch
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How can I stop spam calls to my mobile from 08453510193?

Out of the blue - after having a mobile for 20 years - I've started getting spam calls from 08453510193. They know my full name and my home telephone number too. I'm already on TPS and know I can just hang up on my landline, but they leave long messages on the mobile.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
koolclub
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How can I stop spam calls to my mobile from 08453510193?

Which handset are you using? Some handsets allow you to block numbers.
You're best bet would be to Google how to block mobile numbers NokiaXXXX or SamsungXX whatever your handset is & view youtube video's on how to do it. I'm sure there will be something to show you.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

MaltScotch wrote:

Out of the blue - after having a mobile for 20 years - I've started getting spam calls from 08453510193. They know my full name and my home telephone number too. I'm already on TPS and know I can just hang up on my landline, but they leave long messages on the mobile.

Google has mixed results about that number. But firstly, do you bank with Lloyds? Some people report the number as a scam, but the vast majority of the messages confirm it as a call (from a automated line) from Lloyds, about some suspected fraudulent activity on your account.

Ex message about it: "It is Lloyds TSB!

I tried to purchase a TV with Curry's yesterday on-line and the transaction was blocked as they thought it was fraudulent. Today I received a call from this number so I called it back and listened to an automated system.

It didn't ask for any personal information but asked to verify if I had tried to make the transaction (the amounts, time and place it gave were all correct) I confirmed I had tried to make the transaction.

That was it.

IT IS DEFINITELY LLOYDS TSB!"

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos

All Replies
koolclub
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Which handset are you using? Some handsets allow you to block numbers.
You're best bet would be to Google how to block mobile numbers NokiaXXXX or SamsungXX whatever your handset is & view youtube video's on how to do it. I'm sure there will be something to show you.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

MaltScotch wrote:

Google has mixed results about that number. But firstly, do you bank with Lloyds? Some people report the number as a scam, but the vast majority of the messages confirm it as a call (from a automated line) from Lloyds, about some suspected fraudulent activity on your account.

Ex message about it: "It is Lloyds TSB!

I tried to purchase a TV with Curry's yesterday on-line and the transaction was blocked as they thought it was fraudulent. Today I received a call from this number so I called it back and listened to an automated system.

It didn't ask for any personal information but asked to verify if I had tried to make the transaction (the amounts, time and place it gave were all correct) I confirmed I had tried to make the transaction.

That was it.

IT IS DEFINITELY LLOYDS TSB!"

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
MaltScotch
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, Shelke - they were indeed genuine Lloyds Fraud office calls. I think that they need to change the introduction, because I'm certainly not the first person to get this wrong!

0 Kudos